The Lamplight Inn is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We aim to comply with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards up to level AA.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing this website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 518-696-5294 or by mail at:
231 Lake Ave
PO Box 130
Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
The majority of modern computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files on this website.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing as we incorporate the relevant improvements to meet WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines over time. If you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this site or need assistance in using the processes found within this site, please contact us at 518-696-5294. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find on our Contact Us page.
Property Accessibility Features
The Lamplight Inn was built before 1991, so some features of the hotel do not meet ADA Standards as of 1991. In the 1890 building: we do not have elevator access to 2nd floor bedrooms, the bathrooms are not large enough for wheelchairs, and the bedroom floor spaces are tighter. In the carriage house building: 4 out of 5 bedrooms enter up two stairs to the porch entrance. These 4 bedrooms have tub/shower combination bathrooms and doors are 32” wide and not large enough for a wheelchair. Our accessible room is suite 5 in the carriage house building.
- We offer wheelchair access. Suite 5- Northern Exposure in Carriage House is wheelchair accessible. Breakfast is served in the 1890 building dining room, which has a ramp to wrap around porch and a ramp directly into the dining room. Dining room bathrooms are not accessible.
- We do not have power-assisted doors, wheelchairs, or portable stools available.
- We do permit motorized wheelchairs.
- Public restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
- We do not have elevators on premises.
- We do not have ramp access self operating lifts.
- There are sufficient accessible parking spots available and room for a van with a side ramp.
- There is no underground parking.
Blind or Visual Impairments
- Service animals are only welcome in Suite 5 of the Carriage House.
- We do not have braille signage throughout the property.
- We do have staff who is able to assist visitors in getting to know the property.
- We do not offer auxiliary aids such as readers.
- If we have a blind or low vision guest, we will show them everything about our accommodation and verbally tell them the breakfast menu.
- We do not offer assisted listening devices or have someone on staff who knows sign language.
- There is no induction loop at the front desk.
- There is a visual or flashing alarm in case of fires in Suite 5 of the Carriage House.
- There are no assistive listening devices for meetings upon request.
- There is an accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guest room, Suite 5. There is a paved driveway from Suite 5 in the Carriage house to the ramp at the 1890 building.
- There is an accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area. There is a ramp to the 1890 building porch.
- There is an accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the dining room. The dining room is ramped from the wrap around porch on the 1890 building.
- We do not provide accessible transportation to/from hotel with advanced notice.
- The hotel is a fragrance free environment.
- There is no smoking in the interior of the hotel. Smoking outside on the grounds in accepted.